Artemis Guild

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Artemis Guild

A forum for the guild Artemis on MapleStory. We play on the Bera server. Come chat!

4 posters

How to destroy in cpq.

Jowshi
    Jowshi
    Admin

How to destroy in cpq. Empty How to destroy in cpq.

Post  Jowshi Fri May 29, 2009 8:09 pm

Hey, alot of people are in CPQ right now and im here to give you some strategies used by the pro's or in this case me *also quite pro if i do say so myself*

Choosing an ally-Depends on your class if your closed range you might want to have a long ranged party member or a mage. I'm currently a lvl 4X brawler but i prefer to have a sin or bowman along with me because i can mob the monsters into one small area and the sin or hunter/xbowman can help me finish up.

Choosing an opponent-Um usually you want to go beneath your level obviously but it's all about characters a cleric and a cleric won't stand much change against those dreaded dexless sins but a warrior and a brawler in a small map can easily get 700 cp

Choosing a map-If you havent caught on it's all about your party and you but generally
    Maps 1~2)A more "noob friendly" map as the monsters are spaced far apart on a single level map and they both contain teddies great for farming coins (refer to the meso guide) *i recommend this one for anyone new to CPQ around levels 30~35

Maps 3~4)This is the closed range attackers favorite map its very small and has a very tight spawn allowing
    Brawlers warriors and bandits to thrive of constant attacking with not much movement it contains Trojans the fast moving low defense monsters that are an exceptionally easy way to obtain cp and the slower moving robots which have more health but are easy to force into one small area and mob *i recommend this one for any close range fighter and for higher level ranged characters able to easily knock back the monsters*

Maps 5~6)The high leveled map, It has a spawn point for 3 rombots *strongest monster available in cpq* on the very bottom of 3 levels. this map also contains robots which are free to each team so let the kill stealing begin. This map should not be treated lightly a constant damage of over 500 is a necessity for rombots but let the high level get those if you have one and focus on the robo's it will help your team *i recommend this for high levels because it has the highest cp output easily passing 1000 cp and provides great experiance if you can fight rombots by yourself or with one other member*

Okay now we have that out of the way, i'm assuming you know about summoning and protectors if not let me know but heres some winning strategy's

1) if you have a decent party and a decent lead the best thing to do is well nothing the other team will appreciate if you don't summon on them when there 60+ cp behind and will most likely play you again *be cautious though if the other team summons prepare to go on the offensive*

2) Save cp- once you hit 2~3 minutes left thats the time to summon keep it to a minimum of Avoid+ if you your close tied or in the lead because it's far enough into the game that if the other team leaves you get full exp for your match

3) From behind win- This is the hardest to pull off i have to say the strategy here is to Keep your opponents from gaining cp while you slowly catch up. the way to pull this off is to manage your cp use only Avoid+ *be careful archers and bandits can hit these 90% of the time at higher levels* have your weakest attacker destroy the towers
    and your strongest attacker(s) fighting monsters if you do this right you can beat parties with a higher level or a significant lead

I'll add more as i get around to it and feed back please guys tell me what to improve whats good thanks and
    Enjoy!~Josh
    Zuorai
    Zuorai
    Admin

How to destroy in cpq. Empty Re: How to destroy in cpq.

Post  Zuorai Fri May 29, 2009 11:22 pm

Really good!
    As a bowman, I found doing 2 on 2 with a mage (ice lightning generally) on stage 5~6 was really nice. They could mob things to the middle while I would arrow bomb everything (help stun, and just kill quicker)

summoning avoid is a really good strategy too, but unfortunately many of my matches would just turn in to avoid trade offs :/

And this kind of goes along with what you mentioned (sadly though) If you get way to far ahead, the other team is really likely to leave. It sucks, it shouldn't be allowed, but thats how it is. I found myself leaning towards trade wins most of the time just because people would stay and allow for A rank wins.
    Jowshi
    Jowshi
    Admin

Post  Jowshi Sat May 30, 2009 9:10 am

Thanks Very Happy and sadly yes most pq's turn into Trade wins which is slower but if you can rack up cp you can still get around 500 getting you 10k exp in higher level parties. Also these guides are not absolute and while i've played every character i've only played 3 or 4 in cpq so let me know.
    Zuorai
    Zuorai
    Admin

Post  Zuorai Sat May 30, 2009 2:22 pm

Jowshi wrote:Thanks Very Happy and sadly yes most pq's turn into Trade wins which is slower but if you can rack up cp you can still get around 500 getting you 10k exp in higher level parties. Also these guides are not absolute and while i've played every character i've only played 3 or 4 in cpq so let me know.

Yep! They are still really nice guides though.
    I was actually thinking of making a badge that had to do with writing some kind of tutorial/guide in the forums. (just encouraging people to help others and such) So maybe I'll make one for ya~~ I love you
    Jowshi
    Jowshi
    Admin

Post  Jowshi Sat May 30, 2009 6:08 pm

woot!~
    Hikaru
    Hikaru
    Mushmom Boss 3

Post  Hikaru Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:50 am

Jowshi wrote:i prefer to have a sin or bowman along with me

Oh really... No Cleric Josh? >.> Now I'm mad!
    binjiman71
    binjiman71
    Curse Eye Lv. 35

Post  binjiman71 Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:48 pm

being a cleric is hard (in CPQ's). i mean sure you never die, but is living THAT important in CPQ? me and Erik have trouble getting over 200 most games.
    Hikaru
    Hikaru
    Mushmom Boss 3

Post  Hikaru Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:50 pm

Buddy! I can get 1000 on my OWN!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:19 pm