Artemis Guild

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Artemis Guild

A forum for the guild Artemis on MapleStory. We play on the Bera server. Come chat!

3 posters

Orbis PQ Guide

Zuorai
    Zuorai
    Admin

Orbis PQ Guide Empty Orbis PQ Guide

Post  Zuorai Sat May 30, 2009 10:05 pm

Just a little guide for anyone doing the Orbis Party Quest! Enjoy~

Level Requirement: 51-70
    Helpful Items: All Cure (will make the boss fight go quicker)
    Helpful Classes: A theif with Haste is great, and pretty much a requirement for most stages. A cleric is always nice to have too.
    Sources: various websites, and myself

Orbis PQ Guide 3580758766_408e02183b_m

Like a Star @ heaven Stage 1 -- Cloud Collecting!
    Just hit the clouds, and pick up the cloud item they drop. Give them to the party leader, and he'll drop all 20 on the pedistal by Wonky.
    Tip: Don't just sit at the bottom and let everyone else do the work.
    Next stage!

*Note that once you are in the castle, the rooms can be completed in any order. The order I do here is the most common way parties go through stages.

Like a Star @ heaven Lobby -- Jump Quest Joy!
    Jump to the top platforms and open up boxes to reveal different colored disks. Each day of the week has a disk associated with it, so grab right one accordingly.
    Sunday-Red
    Monday-Orange
    Tuesday-Yellow
    Wednesday-Purple
    Thursday-Blue
    Friday-Light Blue
    Saturday-Green
    After you get the correct disk, drop it on the record player. Don't forget to grab the piece that appears in the box before Chaimerlan Eak!
    Tip: If you can teleport, you can just go from platform to plat form at the top. Same deal if you have speed, or a weapon that gives you speed + some haste from a theif.

Like a Star @ heaven Sealed Room -- Combination Crazy
    Jump up to the top where Chamerlain Eak is with the rest of your party. There are 3 platforms that must be stood on in various combinations until the correct combo is achieved. For example:
    You start on the far left platform, then the party leader will say "311". That means 3 people stay on the far left, 1 person goes to the middle, and 1 person goes to the far right. Get it?
    Now, I don't usually lead on this stage (its all guess work for figuring out the combo) But Here is a guide I found that will hopefully help you if you ever want to try to lead the party through Sealed Room.
    Tip: try not to get too mad at people who fall a lot when they try to move from platform to platform.

Like a Star @ heaven Lounge -- Lioner and Friends
    There are 4 places to go here. Each place is like a super-mini quest.

Dark Room The sewer door at the very bottom is called "Dark Room" It is difficult to navigate, and I'll try to get a picture of what the room looks like up soon. You can only see a small circle of space around your character, and you have to look for boxes that have pieces in them. Each side of the dark room has 5 pieces, 10 total. Give them to your leader when done.

Door 1
    Powerful Cellions reside here. They can cast defense/magic defense up for themselves. Collect all 10 pieces.

Door 2
    Same as Door 1, this time with overpowered Grupins. Collect all 10 pieces.

Door 3
    Same as door 1 and 2, except with Lioners. These guys appear and disapear as you try to fight them. You can try to freeze them if you are a mage. I use arrow bomb and paralysis keeps them visible so they can be killed. Again, collect all 10 pieces.

Like a Star @ heaven Storage -- A Long Ladder
    15 Cellion get summoned, one at a time. Your party must kill them all, and pick up the fragment from the 15th one.
    Tip: Spread your party out. There is no sense in bunching up together. I usually take the bottom 3-4 ledges while other people focus on the top, or middle.

Like a Star @ heaven Walkway -- Pixie Power
    Simply kill all of the various pixies that cover the 6 platforms of this stage. Pick up all the pieces that are dropped, and give them to the party leader.
    Tip: Start at the top (either right or left side) and work your way down. That way the whole party can make sure that every platform is taken care of.

Like a Star @ heaven On the way Up -- More Jumping!
    This stage is basically like figuring out which platform has a portal on it. If you find a portal on a platform, you go up to the next level. If you don't, you get sent back down. Each segment has platforms like this:
    - - - -
    - - - -
    - - - -
    - - - -
    Generally, one person tries the first platform, then another person tries the next, and so on until the correct platform with the teleport UP is found. In order to help those who didnt see which platform successfully teleports up, you should leave a marker (10 mesos is the norm, but you can drop whatever is in your inventory) If you don't feel like dropping, just keep a # list going so everyone can read it like this:
    ####-####-####-####
    Tip: You might just have to do this one to get what I'm talking about here >_< You'll catch on!
    Once everyone is at the top, you can basically hit switches like crazy as the party leader clicks at the bottom in hopes the correct 2 levers have been moved. This part generally goes quicker than you might think.

Last edited by Zuorai on Sat May 30, 2009 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zuorai
    Zuorai
    Admin

Orbis PQ Guide Empty Orbis PQ Part 2

Post  Zuorai Sat May 30, 2009 10:27 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Goddess Statue
    So now all of the rooms have been cleared, and the pieces of the goddess statue have been collected, the statue itself must be restored. Match the shape of the statue piece and place it on the appropriate platform next to the large goddess statue (near the bottom of the tower)

Like a Star @ heaven Garden
    Final stage! Yess!
    First off, kill the Nependeth around the area and collect their seeds. Once you obtain a seed, try planting it in one of the empty flower pots. If a pink one grows, just let it be. If a Dark Nependeth spawns, kill it to summmon Papa Pixie!
    Tip: Mages be careful with your HP here!

Orbis PQ Guide 3580755698_04fc3d3738_m
    Papa Pixie Stats --
    HP: 675,000
    Damage: Around 1k
    Summons: He can summon Star, Lunar, and Sun pixies, which all turn into ghost pixies after you kill them.
    Skills: Darkness (accuracy loss) Skill Seal (skill loss) Slow Down (speed loss)

After you defeat Papa Pixie, collect the seed he drops, plant it, and kill the Nependeth that grows. It will drop an offering to the Goddess Statue. Go back inside, put the offering on the statue, and the Goddess will appear!

Like a Star @ heaven Bonus Stage -- Boxes of Fun!
    Unfortunately, your chance of getting a good item from this bonus stage is pretty slim. I've found Pink Flower Earrings, and a couple of capes worth maybe 200k. Other than that, you can get food and low ammounts of mesos. Fun huh?
    Tip: If you aren't accustomed to jumping with haste, you might spend 10-15 seconds just trying to jump up a few platforms. You do get used to it eventually though.

Like a Star @ heaven Exit -- Over so soon?
    Talk to the Goddess and she will give you a final reward + a feather. If you collect enough feathers, eventually you will recieve a Goddess Wristband, but for some reason this item prize isn't in effect yet. You would need to get 40 feathers for the wristband. No one I've talked to is clear on what stats it gives, or when it will be released.

Like a Star @ heaven Another Room?
    There is one more room I didn't mention. It's right after you defeat Papa Pixie. If the party leader doesn't give the offering, everyone can go to another Dark Room (right below the statue, on the right hand side) Press up, and you will be transfered to a Dark room with lots of Jr. Cellions.
    This room is souly beneficial for people trying to compelte the "Record of Goddess Minerva" Quest. There are 10 different pages that must be found in this room. You won't necessarily find every page in just one visit. If you give all 10 pages to the Goddess in the Exit stage, she'll give you Diary of the Goddess.

I hoped this helped!

Last edited by Zuorai on Sat May 30, 2009 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Zuorai
    Zuorai
    Admin

Orbis PQ Guide Empty Re: Orbis PQ Guide

Post  Zuorai Sat May 30, 2009 10:29 pm

Jowshi wrote:Awesome guide Hali I love you i only know the glitch pq version so this is extremely helpful and very well written Very Happy

lol you didn't let me finish XD I thought I could get the second part in before anyone would comment. Oh well! Thanks for the complement ^0^

I've heard of the glitch too, but anyone I've asked about it says they don't really know how to do it.
    Jowshi
    Jowshi
    Admin

Post  Jowshi Sat May 30, 2009 10:32 pm

whoops sorry im trolling while i do my essays MY BAD D:
    Zuorai
    Zuorai
    Admin

Post  Zuorai Sat May 30, 2009 10:35 pm

Jowshi wrote:whoops sorry im trolling while i do my essays MY BAD D:

will you be mad at me if I delete your post so the guide looks more together? Sad I'll try to see if there is a way I can just move it down first though.
    Jowshi
    Jowshi
    Admin

Post  Jowshi Sat May 30, 2009 10:46 pm

eh delete it don't worry about it you have the power!!!! xD
    Zuorai
    Zuorai
    Admin

Post  Zuorai Sat May 30, 2009 10:51 pm

Jowshi wrote:eh delete it don't worry about it you have the power!!!! xD

Thanks. Next time, I'll reserve a spot for myself Embarassed
    Jowshi
    Jowshi
    Admin

Post  Jowshi Sat May 30, 2009 10:51 pm

Nah my bad, hehe bad timing don't worry about it ;3
    Jingkun
    Jingkun
    Slime Lv.6

Post  Jingkun Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:48 am

The Room of Darkness can actually be done at any point in the pq as long as the leader can reach the statue. Even after the offering to the goddess has been made. Also for the record, pages 3 and 9 are the rarest of the 10 pages. I'm still looking for 9. I'm not sure if you mentioned it in the guide either but at the end of each Orbis Party Quest you will get a Feather of the Goddess, collect 40 of these and you can exchange them for a Goddess Wristband. All I know about this item is the stats which is +1 to both weapon and magic attack.
    Jingkun
    Jingkun
    Slime Lv.6

Post  Jingkun Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:56 am

Oh yeah, forgot about this area. The Jail, as you enter the tower from the entry cloud stage you will see a ladder leading to what seems could be a basement to the tower. Once inside its layed out like a jump quest, only this time you're going down. Inside of the jail area is the entrance to 3 different sets of cells, the entrances look something like the entrance to the lounge stage. Inside each of these cells you will find kitties (i dont know the names). WARNING: DO NOT TOUCH THE KITTIES, YOU WILL DIE A PAINFUL DEATH!!! There are switches that you can hit to kill the kitties which must be done to progress to the end of the cell. Prizes include a vast amount of ores including Dark Crystal ores. AS OF THE LAST COUPLE PATCHES THE JAIL IS CURRENTLY BROKEN, YOU CAN MANUVER NORMALLY BUT YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO COMPLETE IT AS IT REQUIRES YOU TO KILL THE KITTIES AND WHEN YOU DO THE GAME WILL GLITCH YOU OUT. I personally belive this to be the fault of the change in hack protection judging by the error message you get.
    Zuorai
    Zuorai
    Admin

Post  Zuorai Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:04 pm

Jingkun wrote:The Room of Darkness can actually be done at any point in the pq as long as the leader can reach the statue. Even after the offering to the goddess has been made. Also for the record, pages 3 and 9 are the rarest of the 10 pages. I'm still looking for 9. I'm not sure if you mentioned it in the guide either but at the end of each Orbis Party Quest you will get a Feather of the Goddess, collect 40 of these and you can exchange them for a Goddess Wristband. All I know about this item is the stats which is +1 to both weapon and magic attack.

Oh good, nice info on dark room and the pages!

But..have you gotten the goddess wristband or known anyone who has it? Cause I thought it is still impossible to get at the moment.
    Zuorai
    Zuorai
    Admin

Post  Zuorai Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:06 pm

Jingkun wrote:Oh yeah, forgot about this area. The Jail, as you enter the tower from the entry cloud stage you will see a ladder leading to what seems could be a basement to the tower. Once inside its layed out like a jump quest, only this time you're going down. Inside of the jail area is the entrance to 3 different sets of cells, the entrances look something like the entrance to the lounge stage. Inside each of these cells you will find kitties (i dont know the names). WARNING: DO NOT TOUCH THE KITTIES, YOU WILL DIE A PAINFUL DEATH!!! There are switches that you can hit to kill the kitties which must be done to progress to the end of the cell. Prizes include a vast amount of ores including Dark Crystal ores. AS OF THE LAST COUPLE PATCHES THE JAIL IS CURRENTLY BROKEN, YOU CAN MANUVER NORMALLY BUT YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO COMPLETE IT AS IT REQUIRES YOU TO KILL THE KITTIES AND WHEN YOU DO THE GAME WILL GLITCH YOU OUT. I personally belive this to be the fault of the change in hack protection judging by the error message you get.

woah weird. Never heard of that one o_o
    Do you have any reference pics of the rooms or anything?...
    I wonder when they'll fix it.
    Jingkun
    Jingkun
    Slime Lv.6

Post  Jingkun Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:16 pm

I have not any reference pics of the room, but its basically the same as The Room of Darkness as you have a limited sight. Like I said, feel free to explore it, best to do so during lobby since the only people who are going to get to the boxes fast enough are mages and thieves. Lobby is a 1 man kinda deal anyways, I prefer to solo it while the rest of the party kills the boogies, but thats just me.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:08 am